Woodworking Dowel Jig-Fast and Time Saving
- Buy More Get More Discount.
- Returns>> Fast refund,100% Money Back Guarantee.
- 99.8% of Reviewers Recommends This Product.
- Quick jig peg that self-centers within boards to make fast, accurate positioning joints.
- Capable of edge-to-edge, T, and edge-to-corner joints.
- Made of impact-resistant plastic.
- Can be used on cards up to 31mm thick.
- Adapts 6, 8 and 10mm drills.
- Material: Plastic + metal
- Color: Yellow
- Use: Wood dowel drilling
- Drill Brush: 6/8/10mm
- 1 x Woodworking Dowel Jig
HOW TO USE
1. NECESSARY ACCESSORIES FOR DOWELLING
- You will need to use the following with the jig: dowel pins, a sharp pencil, a square, a tape measure for spacing out the pitch of the pins, you will also need a drill or a cordless drill and dowel drills fitted with depth stop for proper setup. You will also need some glue and clamps to finish up your joint. A simple clamp will come in handy when securing the workpiece.
2. MARKING OFF THE HOLE CENTRES
- Place both pieces on top of each other, match the front and mark out the centers for dowel pins on the bottom workpiece. We recommend placing the first dowel at least 27 mm from the front and back. The distance between the pins is arbitrary. Remember that long distance between the pins usually means your joint won't be strong enough. We recommend creating a distance of 65-100 mm. This will ensure a firm joint.
3. COPYING THE MEASUREMENTS ONTO THE SECOND PIECE
- Mark out the pin holes onto the second piece using a square to properly set up the jig. Workpiece drilled in the face grain should have marks on the face and similarly, the end grain should have marks on the end of the wood.
4. PIN SIZE - DECIDING ON THE DRILLED DEPTH
- Measure the total pin length and decide on the depth of drilling into the end and face grain. For this part, we have used 35 mm long and 18 mm thick pins. We drilled a 15 mm deep hole into face and 22 mm deep into the end grain. Always leave a 2mm space for some glue, this means 15 mm to face + 20 mm into the end + 2 mm space for glue.
5. DEPTH SETTING
- Place the jig onto the workpiece, insert the drill into the sleeve until the drill hits the piece. The drilled depth equals the distance of the stop to the jig. Set up the height by moving the ring along with the drill and secure it with a locking pin. Make sure to properly tighten the depth stop to prevent its travel which would alter the drilled depth.
6. SETTING UP THE JIG FOR EDGE DRILLING
- The proper hole placement onto the center of the piece and accurate set up of the distance of the pins are the most important fundamentals when drilling into the edge.
- Place the jig onto the edge the right way to drill out a chosen diameter (as shown in the picture). Set up a proper center by using centering studs and by rotating the handle the right way. Follow the marked out distance between the dowels and always position your jig so the mark is in the middle.
7. DRILLING INTO THE EDGE
- Insert the drill into the hardened bushings and drill out the pinhole.
Proceed and drill out the retaining pin holes all the same.
8. SETTING UP THE JIG FOR FACE DRILLING
- Fit the jig with a side stop and set the distance of drilling from the edge of the piece.
- For simple set up, insert one pin into the hole in the edge and place the jig opening of a similar diameter over it. Press the side stop to the piece and tighten the fastening screws.
9. DRILLING INTO THE FACE
- Use the depth stop to set up the depth of 15 mm and drill out the holes. The side stop secures the right distance from the side. The centering of pins is guided by the marked out guideline. Apply this procedure for all other pins.
- TIP: Place the drill into a sleeve and mark out a place for the center according to it, this is a simpler way of adjusting corners.
10. WORKPIECE ASSEMBLY
- If you were careful enough throughout the work it should be simple to join the two pieces. You can simply chip off a pin in the case a hole is out of place.
11. Gluing OF PINS
- Use dispersion adhesive to properly glue the joint. You can also use a dispersion waterproof adhesive. Based on our experience, we recommend using Titebond glues. They are adhesives providing unique bonding strength without shrinking, similarly to PVA glues.
- Firstly, glue the pins to the edge. Then, apply glue to the holes of the face and place the pieces together
12. TIGHTENING OF THE JOINT
- After putting the pieces together tighten them up with some clamps to ensure a proper close bond. You should leave the joint clamped for approximately 20 minutes for a proper bond.
13. EVALUATION OF THE JIG
- Work with the jig is simple and is not difficult at all. The jig is affordable and may be used even by someone new to woodworking. The only thing to watch out for is proper centering.
- The jig is ideal for a low number of joints, should you decide, however, to dowel regularly, we recommend getting a product of a higher level.
- The product is recommended especially for hobby woodworkers.
14. TIP FOR A BETTER LOOKING JOINT
- For a better looking and more professional joint, we recommend creating a small overlap on the joint. Meaning overlapping the top board to the sideboard. The overlap is usually 0,4 mm and gives off an aesthetic impression. You can set the size of the overlap when drilling, by setting the side stop on the jig to 11.
- Place the material (thickness according to the desired overlap) between the board and the side stop. This will move the holes further from the edge.
- We believe that you will appreciate the jig as well as the recommended procedure when selecting it and when working with it in your workshop.
- 1x Set (5pcs) Damaged Screw Extractor
🔥At the same time as the product discount, the store also has discount activities.🔥
- Due to differences between the different displays, the image may not reflect the actual color of the project.
- Due to manual measurement, please allow 1-2 cm differently, thank you
- Different product batches may have small differences from the pictures, Specifically based on the actual product
We truly believe we present some of the most innovative products in the world, and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk-free ironclad 30-day guarantee.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
We Also Recommend
Last Day Promotion - 1-way vision horizontal blinds
Last Day Promotion -Magnetic Mesh Insect Screen Door
Paint Sprayer Universal Guide Tool - free shipping